Garlic Mock Mashed Potatoes
(Taken from George Stella’s, Livin’ Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style) Yield: 4 servings Net Carbohydrates: 4g per serving Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 6 minutes 1 medium head cauliflower 1 tablespoon cream cheese,
(Taken from George Stella’s, Livin’ Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style)
Yield: 4 servings
Net Carbohydrates: 4g per serving
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 6 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or dried chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in the boiling water for about 6 minutes, until well done.
- Drain well. Do not let cool. Pat the cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels (or clean hand towel). If too wet your “potatoes” will fall apart.
- With an immersion blender in a deep bowl or I a food processor, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and salt and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter if desired.
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee.
We make it easy! Call us at (360) 626-1166 or request an appointment below.